Cross Country Skiing and Snowshoeing – Self isolation at its best!
The Telemark Nordic Centre will remain open during the COVID-19 outbreak. With over 50 km of ski trails and an additional 50km of snowshoe trails you will avoid the risks associated with the mass gatherings of people. Please be advised that we are following the BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) website for public health directives to curtail the COVID-19 outbreak. To that end…
– Telemark has postponed our annual volunteer party in compliance with BCCDC’s directive to avoid mass gatherings of people.
– All formal club programs practices have been cancelled. Program participants may meet informally to ski and train together.
– Telemark has stepped up our cleaning and sanitizing protocols in the daylodge and washooms. This includes additional hand-washing and sanitizing for the staff.
– Hand sanitizer is readily available throughout the facility.
– We have disposable cups and utensils available in place of our normal reusable ones.
– Please avoid using cash as much as possible – tap cards are preferable.
– Please avoid coming into the lodge unless necessary.
– Please practice social distancing
– If you have symptoms such as an active cough, runny nose, sore/irritated throat, fever, fatigue or any related COVID-19 or other cold or flu symptoms please stay at home to rest.
Telemark supports cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, and biathlon as healthy recreational activities for life. At this time, it is more important than ever to stay active and healthy, so long as you maintain “social distancing.” With our large network of trails social distancing at Telemark is easy to do. Enjoy our wonderful facilities and encourage your friends and family to do the same. The trails are in excellent condition with lots of snow. We plan to be open 9am-5pm 7 days a week with regular grooming until April 5th.