33rd Annual Kelowna Apple Loppet
Sunday, January 13th, 2019
Mass Start by category at 10AM
Registrations for the Kelowna Apple Loppet are now open on Zone 4: https://zone4.ca/reg.asp?id=19910.
Great food, great music, great snow and grooming, great age-appropriate prizes. Never raced before? No problem. There is a recreational skier category and special courses for the young first timers. Are you super competitive? Also no problem. We will have several top national athletes racing in the skiathlon and relay to challenge you.
Also back this year is the “Monarch of the Mountain” timed hill climb and “Kamikas(he) Run” timed downhill challenge. Claim bragging rights for your hill climbing stamina and your need-for-speed downhill tuck technique. Great prizes for the fastest male and fastest female in the hill climb and downhill run.
Event hotel: The Cove Lakeside Resort 1-877-762-2683, http://www.covelakeside.com/
Holiday Inn West Kelowna 1-877-660-8550
Best Western Plus Wine Country 1-888-348-2227
- 30 km 2-person relay or individual skiathlon with two uniquely timed sections: fastest hill climb and fastest downhill.
- In the relay the first person skis 2 x 7.5 km classic technique, tagging off to a second person who skis 15 km free technique. In the individual skiathlon, the participant skis 2 x 7.5 km classic, transitioning in the stadium to change equipment, then skiing 15 km free technique.
- Youth and Recreational categories are classic technique:
- 3 & 4 Bunnies: 200 metres
- 7 & under: 1 km
- 8-11: 3 km
- 12-15: 6 km (2 x 3 km)
- 16-17: 7.5 km
- Recreational: 7.5 km
- Special Olympics: 3 km
- Skiathlon offers 10-year age categories starting at 18 years of age.
- 2-person gender-specific relay teams are 10-year age categories starting at 18 years of age. Mixed gender relay teams are one category.
- Special awards for family teams.
- Aid stations at 7.5 km
- Post-race lunch for all registered racers
- If you need a relay partner please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Skiathlon, relay, and recreational: https://telemarknordic.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Kelowna-Apple-Loppet-Maps.pdf
- Youth and Special Olympics: https://telemarknordic.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Kelowna-Apple-Loppet-Maps-1.5-3.0-km-distances.pdf
- Stadium Setup: https://telemarknordic.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Stadium-Loppet-Setup.pdf
Event Sponsor: Kelowna Toyota