Part Time Position: Program Coordinator Train to Train / Learn to Train
Team Telemark Racing Program
The Telemark Nordic Club has an opportunity for an enthusiastic and good communicator to take on the role as Team Telemark Program Coordinator for Learn to Train and Train to Train.
Duration of Position: 4 months
Employments Terms: Part Time. The expected weekly time commitment to fulfill the duties is 12 hr. / week
Qualifications: ✓ Certification Minimum: Learn to Train Certified
✓ Experience Minimum: 2-3 Years’ Coaching
✓ Qualities: communicates well with athletes, coaches and parents; strong organizational skills; strong working knowledge of CC skiing technique and training regimens for athletes in the FUNdamentals and Learning to Train continuum.
Description of Position:
The Coordinator will be responsible for working with the Head Coach and Volunteer Team Coaches to ensure successful implementation and coordination of the Team Telemark L2T and T2T Programs. This position requires a good understanding of cross country skiing, athlete development and training, technique, the values of athlete and coach mentorship, and race management and planning.
Responsibilities of the Coordinator will include but are not limited to:
• Support/Assist Team Coaches to fulfill their objectives using the Telemark Racers Mission, Values and Goals
• Help in preparation and delivery of the Yearly Training Plan (YTP) for athletes in accordance with CCC LTAD guidelines.
• Coordinate and direct delivery of mentoring, by senior coaches, of new and developing coaches on ski technique
• Contribute ideas for ongoing team improvement
• Help coordinate the T2T & L2T (Track Attack) program with the Head Coach, Assistant Coaches, Jackrabbit Ski League Coordinator, Athletes, and Parents
• Communicate closely with the Head Coach and Volunteer Coaches to ensure that coaching assignments are equitably distributed throughout the groups for practices
• Communicate with Coaches and Parent Volunteers and direct the coordination of race-day assignments to ensure that team-supported races are adequately staffed for race-day success
• Work with the Coaches to ensure that the lesson plans are up to date and reflect the current needs of the group
• Be available for discussions with individual parents as required
• Track volunteer coach sessions
To Apply: Contact Mike Edwards @ 250-707-5925 or firstname.lastname@example.org by Saturday Dec 22, 2018